Travel Terms and Conditions with Black Yak Expeditions:
1. Fitness: A high altitude trek in the Himalayas requires considerable fitness. Your body needs to train itself to process more work with lower levels of oxygen. Therefore, on treks, cardiovascular training is critically important. You need to be able to jog a distance of 4.5 km in 30 mins before start of the trek. Unable to do so can make your trek difficult. In addition, preparation of trek needs to include strength and flexibility training. Registering for the trek is an understanding that you will undertake the mandated fitness training. Trekkers who have not adequately prepared may be asked to discontinue the trek at any point.
2. In-case if you decide to return from the trek because of your own personnel circumstances, (like your dislike, personnel disputes etc.) than black yak Expeditions shall not bear the expenses on the route like your fooding and lodging except the payment for one of the staff that accompanies you but in case of emergency return from the trek due to illness or in condition that you are not able to proceed further due to serious health issues than company shall assist you till the base camp.
3. Non-liability: Black yak expeditions is not responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek.
4. Cancellation 1: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Black yak expeditions will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year. There shall be no 100 % refund as we invest prior to start of trek like, Permits, foods, equipment’s, advance payment to pack animals, guide, cook, supporting staff, and accommodation’s.
5. Cancellation 2: In case, you wish to cancel your trek, please e-mail us at [email protected] Cancellation requests are not taken over phone. (T & C applies for pre-booked online trek only )
6. Drinking alcohol and smoking during the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the rules, your participation on the trek will be cancelled with immediate effect.