Travel Terms And Conditions
Travel Terms and Conditions OF Black Yak Expeditions:
1. Fitness: A high altitude trek in the Himalayas requires considerable fitness. Your body needs to train itself to process more work with lower levels of oxygen. Therefore, on treks, cardiovascular training is critically important. You need to be able to jog a distance of 4.5 km in 30 mins before start of the trek. Unable to do so can make your trek difficult. In addition, preparation of trek needs to include strength and flexibility training. Registering for the trek is an understanding that you will undertake the mandated fitness training. Trekkers who have not adequately prepared may be asked to discontinue the trek at any point.
2. In-case if you decide to return from the trek because of your own personnel circumstances, (like your dislike, personnel disputes etc.) than black yak Expeditions shall not bear the expenses on the route like your fooding and lodging except the payment for one of the staff that accompanies you but in case of emergency return from the trek due to illness or in condition that you are not able to proceed further due to serious health issues than company shall assist you till the base camp.
3. Non-liability: Black yak expeditions is not responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek.
4. Cancellation 1: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Black yak expeditions will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year. There shall be no 100 % refund as we invest prior to start of trek like, Permits, foods, equipment’s, advance payment to pack animals, guide, cook, supporting staff, and accommodation’s.
5. Cancellation 2: In case, you wish to cancel your trek, please e-mail us at email@example.com Cancellation requests are not taken over phone. (T & C applies for pre-booked online trek only )
6. Drinking alcohol and smoking during the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the rules, your participation on the trek will be cancelled with immediate effect.
1. 2 nights in the standard hotel / guest house/ homestay at every trek point with (MAP plan).
2. Accommodation during the trek (camping / guest house).
3. All meals – vegetarian (starting from dinner at every trek basecamp and ending with breakfast at trek ending point.
4. Meals while on trek (Veg & Egg).
5. Trekking permits, Police verification and forest camping charges.
6. Accommodation on trekking equipment (sleeping tents 2 / 3 man Dom, Dinning Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, sleeping bags with liner etc.
7. Safety equipment (First Aid Medical Kit, Oxygen cylinders, Oxy meter, stretcher, etc.)
8. Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in advanced mountaineering courses).
9. Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Kitchen helpers, Porters, Pack Animals like Yaks & mules).
10. Transport from Railways stations / Airport / to every trek base camp and return.
Note: Normally other company charges extra for uploading Bag Pack, but Black Yak Expeditions allow up to 10 kg free. More than 10 kg you have to pay ₹. 250/- per day per bag pack.
If you have bag packs weighing more than 10 kg than you can give it to the pack animals Yaks or horses prior to the trek before leaving arranged exclusively for the trek. The back pack cannot weigh more than 10 kgs. No suitcases/trolleys’/duffel bags will be allowed.
1. We do not provide travel insurance except for Expedition.
2. (Itinerary includes transport for pick up and drop yet if you do not want than you can exclude this option )Transport to the every trekking base camp and return).
3. Food during transit is not included ( pick up point to and from the base camp to drop point).
4. External purchase you make during your travel or on trek routes like food, local crafts, Alcohol, Soft Drinks, water bottled.
5. Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
6. Personal expenses of any kind.
7. Anything apart from the inclusions.
8. Anything Not Specifically Mentioned Under the Head.
9. Any costs arising out of unforeseen Circumstances like Landslides, Road Blocks, Bad weather, etc.
10. Tips for guides, cooks or trekking staffs and telephone calls, laundry, etc.
The cancellation charges are as under:
1. Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — full refund.
2. Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
3. Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek — no refund.